August 11, 2010

Jamie and Grace

Here are a few pics from meeting with friends the last week i was in Korea. The first ones are of
Grace and I at dinner. We had a really good meal of rice the guy stir fried in front of us. It was so funny, because when he was stirring the rice, he would fling pieces of it out of the tray accidentally, and it kept flying at us and in our waters! Yet he didn't seem to notice anything was out of the ordinary.
The next pictures are of Jamie and her family and I at lunch. They've been such a great family to me. They drove us out about 30 minutes north of Seoul and we went to a restaurant that the Olympic speed skater from Korea apparently enjoys. The restaurant is famous for its dishes made of acorns. Now, I've had many acorn jelly tofu things, and they're not bad, but it was really fun to try acorn noodles, acorn pancakes, etc. The food was delicious as advertised, but mostly I just enjoyed spending time with Jamie's family. As a going away present, they gave me a thermos for tea! A few months ago, Jamie and I were shopping, and while looking around, I asked if she'd heard of anything in Korea that would have a place to drink and hold tea in a cup. She didn't know, and had told her parents without my knowing it. For the next few weeks they'd searched for one, and finally come up with one downtown. What a nice present! One I imagine I'll be using a lot ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment