January 30, 2010

Thoughts

Nina and Vanessa were here for 2 weeks, and I really had fun enjoying their company. We did so many things together!! If you get time, check out their videos on youtube: www.youtube.com/neenandness . I'm in a few of the videos, and everything we did together, so it's a glimpse into what I've been doing these last few weeks as well. We went to Busan (down south) and went shopping lots here in Seoul, and just had a great time talking and enjoying each other.

Today they went home, and today my KBU students come back from their month long America trip. I have heard from 2 of them already, and I can't wait to see them and hear all about their trip! I was praying for them so much and hoping that they were enjoying themselves. Hmm...Maybe Monday one of them will pop by to visit...I hope so!

Last week I saw 3 of my students, and it reminded me how much I miss teaching. Don't get me wrong, this month long break has definitely been needed. But I really love these students, and I want to get back to teaching them. As you all (whoever that is...I know I haven't been writing a lot lately, so I'm not sure who's reading this anymore) know, I've been having issues with KBU about having to work on Sundays and not being able to find an English church. Well, this week, they "promised" me that if I sign on for a second year, they will not make me work Sundays next semester. Not this coming semester...I'll still have to work Sundays until the end of my contract...but the next year. Is it worth it?? I love these students, and it's tempting to want to stay. Who wouldn't want to stay? They are filled to the brim and overflowing with the love and joy of Christ in the midst of (for many of them) very difficult life circumstances. Yet they have peace and encourage everyone they meet. When I am around them, I feel that Christ is working in each of us to build up one another. Honestly, it feels like we are a little church. Not a normal church, but what the church was originally supposed to be like. Building up one another in fellowship and encouragement through the Bible and Christ in us.

I've been encouraged to know this last month during my time to think, that this is where God wants me. I don't know about next year, but for today, this is a good place. In the middle of hard times and situations that I sometimes don't understand, I know that God is here in this place. And that's where I want to be. I want to be where He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment