May 30, 2009

Back to Seoul??

Lots has gone down recently in Korea. Especially the northern part near where Seoul is located.

The previous president of South Korea was being interrogated, after what was one of the most "honest" terms in office, for financial corruption during his presidency. Last week he committed suicide by jumping off a cliff near his house. Many Korean people blame the government for putting too much pressure on him. It was interesting to read about his funeral procession in Seoul. At the funeral site, both Buddhist monks and Catholic nuns participated in the ceremony. It is was all part of the official procession to show how Korea is changing religiously and to represent how they respect all religions. Interesting... I don't necessarily agree with what they did, but it is strange to think of how polarized these two religions are and to have them both working together in one funeral procession.

In the middle of turmoil and protesting in Seoul, North Korea started their missile/nuclear testing again. North Korea is unique in that it cannot feed its own people, yet threatens to bomb any country that opposes it. Their testing came at probably one of the worst times it could. South Korea decided to join with America in checking all ships entering their seas now. They seem tired of putting up with the antics of North Korea. After South Korea has spent years trying to reconcile and aid North Korea, the north has done little in return to show gratitude or reconciliation. This last missile test seems to have been the last straw for South Korea.

Hopefully things settle down or are confronted quickly so that I won't have to worry about whether or not I should return to Korea. I am confident that I want to go back, but at the same time, finding a job in Seoul has been really tough. If you think of it, please pray that I find a job quickly. Or if God doesn't want me to go back to Korea, then for Him to take away my desire to go.

Psalm 37:4-5: Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He will bring it to pass.

I've followed the Lord, and am trusting He will lead me where He wills. So far, there is no clear direction except that I desire more than anything to go to Seoul. I think all I need to do now is to trust in Him and continue delighting in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment