May 16, 2009

"Sleep Tight, Don't Let the Gorilla Bite!"

Tonight we had an ESL party for the International Students at the U of M. We went to dinner at Famous Dave's to introduce them to real southern cooking. It was definitely an exciting time since they are mostly done with their studies for the summer, and now they're free to do more activities with us. We had a really good turnout with 12 of us there! 3 Koreans, 2 Taiwanese, 1 Thai, 2 Chinese, and 4 Americans ^^

Holly's graduation is tomorrow morning, so after the dinner I rushed home to help her finish decorating and preparing for the open house. Since it's just Holly and I at the house, we had to do the work ourselves which was different from my parents preparing for my graduation 2 years ago. Wow, I can't believe it's been that long!! Anyways...

When I arrived home, Holly and I were finishing up the decorating, and she asked if I wanted to hear what happened to her on the drive home. She was at a stop sign at the corner right in front of our house, and out of the woods and into the road walked...a gorilla!!! What??!! Well, not a real gorilla of course. A person dressed in a gorilla suit--like the one on Sponge Bob Square Pants. Needless to say, Holly freaked out and sped off pretty quickly. I can't say I'd have done anything different. So tonight when she was talking to Cory on the phone, I came up behind her and growled like a gorilla and freaked her out. So when we were going to bed, she yelled, "Good night, sleep tight. Don't let the gorilla bite!"

2 comments:

  1. Seriously?!? What in the world? I would have been torn between speeding off and sticking around to see what the heck that person was doing. Were there other houses around or just woods?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, dead serious!! There are other houses and a trail from the woods right there. Apparently our neighbor has seen the gorilla around too...

    ReplyDelete