June 27, 2009

Time to Think

Well, after a 2 week long anticipation of a new job in Korea, I was sad to find out that the job was given to someone else. But at the same time, I know that that was just not where God wanted me. So in one sense it's discouraging starting back at square one, but on the other hand it's encouraging to know that God is still guiding and directing me (at least away from where I'm NOT supposed to be).

My friend is out of town for the weekend, so I have the opportunity to spend the weekend at her place to watch her dog. I have a feeling that it will actually be very beneficial for me to be here and have time just to think and re-encourage myself to start again.

With all the craziness going on in North Korea, it's made me think a lot about the brevity of life. We're only here for a short while, so we might as well live it to the fullest wherever God places us. I need to make sure that I am making the most of the time that God has given to me here in Minneapolis.

Last night I had the privilege of getting together with a friend from church as well as some international friends from the U of M. They cooked us a beautiful Chinese dinner, and it was so encouraging to talk with them about the peace found only in Christ. Our peace is found in Him, and world peace will not come until He returns. That's not to say that we live perfectly happy and worry-free lives, but when we do struggle with those things, we have a higher power who we know is caring for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment