June 18, 2009

Weeds

Well, there are two kinds of weeds. Pretty weeds and ugly weeds. Dandelions and thistles. What do they have in common?? They grow super fast, sometimes too fast for you to keep up with. Well, I've had both these kinds of weeds in my life this last week.

The ugly weeds, the physical kind, I've been pulling up at the house for the last week or so since moving in with my parents. It's been nice being around to help prepare for the wedding. But boy those weeds grow fast! Every day I finish weeding, I look back on the work and think, "Wow, that looks great!" And the next morning, they're right there back again... Oh well.

Then the pretty weeds. The joys in life that seem to go too fast and are hard to catch up with. This refers to the University job I just applied for. It sounds like a wonderful job! The interview went great, and the job sounds promising. They're going to let me know next week whether they'd like to hire me or not. Everything lines up perfectly and better than what I was hoping for. Except for a few church situations which I just need to talk through with them. I'd not only be an English teacher, but I'd also teach their English Sunday School. So that would be great, but I'd have to figure a way how to get to Seoul International Baptist Church so that I could get fed spiritually as well. So we'll see. God is good, and I believe He'll make things clear for me. Tonight I'm getting together with a friend so that I can get the University's web-page translated into English for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment