October 27, 2009

Dad's Visit

Hiking
Some ladies we met and had snacks with on our hike. They helped us find our way down.
Uncle Kim, the security man!
My Korean "mom" :) She owns and works in the restaurant behind us. in the picture.
Picking out hamsters
Here they are :)
Our tall ice cream cones while shopping downtown
Out for dinner with my "Korean Family"Korean "mom" and her daughter!

Dad came to visit for a total of about 8 days while between business trips! What a blessing it was to see family and get some encouragement to "keep going". We did lots of fun things together like hiking, playing cards and games, shopping, and talking. I was happy to introduce him to my students, and they were really pleased to meet him as well! I was also really excited to have dad meet my "Korean family" from the Kimbap Restaurant. We ended up going out for dinner at a really nice restaurant together. And I met their daughter!! What a pleasure to meet her :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    I like the pics of you and Dan :), especially the one with ice-cream. Yummy!
    It seems that both of you lost some weight!

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweetie;
    Loved reading the blog & really enjoyed the pictures of the time you spent with your dad. Looks like you both had a great time-even having a Korean dinner (plus huge ice cream cones). I'm so glad he was able to be there with you & I know he was too. I love & miss you. God bless & watch over you. Grandma Barb

    ReplyDelete