October 21, 2009

October

Sorry for not writing in a long time. Work has been really stressful this last month, and I wanted to be sure to share positive thoughts on this blog...So...

Update: Nothing much has been happening in my life in particular. I'm learning to trust God in whatever situation that I'm put in--good or bad. I know that God has a good plan for my life.

My Korean "mom" from the kimbap restaurant gave me 2 huge bags full of grapes that her parents grew on their farm! It was so neat to have those. I was talking with her one afternoon, and her husband came out with hiking clothes on and pulled me after him to go hiking together. It was really fun! At first I was a little nervous because he speaks almost no English at all, but we just walked a little ways and ended up playing badminton the whole time. It was so fun! I don't think I've ever really played on a real court with real equipment before! I was surprised how quickly I picked it up...

At work, my students had midterm tests, and they all did really great! I was so proud of them!! My best friend at work, Bryan, left to go back to the States, and that was really rough. I'll really miss him. But I know that his choice was best for him. I just hope that God sends us a good teacher who can be my friend. Supposedly we're getting a woman from America in a month or so!

This week, my dad came to visit!! We had fun hanging out downtown and spending lots of time together. More to come on that with pics later...I'll try to keep this updated more often...Thanks for bearing with me :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like your keeping yourself busy & also getting to enjoy some new things like badmitten.
    It's fun to hear what your doing & adjusting to a new way of living; even though I'm sure it's hard at times. I'm anxious to see pictures of your time with your dad. I'm praying God gives you extra strength to get through the rough days. I love & miss you a whole big bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you because you had good time with Dan! I wish I could visit you some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of grapes were you given? Green, purple, or are they different from ours? There is never a dull moment in your life, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, thanks for posting - glad to hear you are still well. How excellent to have a visit from your dad!! Thanks for your good attitude in spite of stressful days... keep trusting our good God... praying for you tonight. -Lianna

    ReplyDelete