December 25, 2009

Christmas Night


After we got to Seoul, we found City Hall area where they had the area marked off for a big Christmas tree and lights! It was really beautiful, but getting super cold. I think mostly because of the wind. It was soooo beautiful!! I loved seeing all the colorful lights and the colored spotlights. Christmas in Korea is definitely a couples day, so I was really happy to have Liz with me as a buddy. We were checking things out in the center of the square when all of a sudden HUGE snowflakes started falling on us! They were doing a big performance thing, so we both assumed it was a snow machine. I was checking everywhere to figure out where this was coming from, when I realized that it was REAL snow!!! Yay!!! Honestly, I'd been pretty jealous of all the snow in Minnesota...and was beginning to feel left out. Especially on Christmas. But I felt so happy and blessed really, that we got to experience that snow for quite a few hours. 7 of my friends called/texted me telling me that it was snowing :) It made me feel good that they were thinking of me and happy that it was snowing too!

We headed to McDonalds for lunch, and searched everywhere trying to find bad spellings on signs and stuff. We found a few, so I put one of them up down below. You try to find it :) Then we had Starbucks and braved the cold back to the subway where we parted ways. What a beautiful, unforgetable Christmas. Even though it didn't really feel like "Christmas" like I'm used to, it was one that I am happy to have experienced.
Seoul Station/City Hall area...where Christmas night festivities began!!
Cool building made of art with lights shone through. Each square had a little New Year saying/wish on it.
Liz Charpie, my Christmas buddy :) I'm so thankful we were able to spend the day together!!
The snow started to fall :)
McDonalds now delivers...for free!!
I spy something...funny!! Do you see it??
Seoul is apparently the World Design Capital...
Snow!! Yepbuda (Beautiful!!)
Do you see the moon?
Chunggyecheon Stream running through downtown
Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. GMa Lucia, mom, and dad, and the poopersDecember 26, 2009 1:28 AM

    We really enjoyed your pictures from the time you had in Seoul on Christmas. Grandma Lucia, mom and dad all say hi...and the poopers do too! Oh, and GMa L saw the funny sign right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Love you, The Franks

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sign still makes me laugh out loud. I agree...that was a good Christmas day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the posts and pics... just wanted you to know I am thinking of you! Love, Lianna

    ReplyDelete