December 24, 2009

Winter Class

Well, to be honest I wasn't really looking forward to teaching a new set of students during the winter session. Especially when I found out that I was teaching 7 students, and the other teachers were only teaching 2-4... However...!! They're really great!! KBU students never disappoint :)

I have 7 students, 3 guys and 4 girls. 3 of them are students I've had before, 1 of the guys is from a completely different university only taking a few winter classes here, and the other girls are taking English for the first time at KBU. So, it's a pretty good group. We've had 3 classes, and so far so good. They're working well together, and still kind of warming up, but I think it'll be a great situation.

Today we had an easy day watching the 1955 version of "Miracle on 34th Street", singing Christmas songs, and playing English games. I got a few chocolates and a nice Korean pen with bookmark. Yesterday I put up Christmas lights with Daniel, and now my room looks a little Christmasy. But it's still not like being at home. This winter's been hard for me being away, but I'm definitely learning to be content in each situation.

It's been wonderful getting little Christmas gifts from family and friends! Even a well-timed "Merry Christmas" or "I'm praying for you" has been such an encouragement to me this year!! Today was probably the worst day of all. I was so bummed. BUT, I got a phone call from Jamie!! She invited herself over (thankfully I'd just finished cleaning), and we sat talking on my floor for an hour or two about the last month or so that we hadn't met in. It was SOO nice to talk to her! I didn't realize how much I missed her. She's such a good friend. This afternoon I had sent a letter in the mail to her, so I'm sure she'll be surprised of that. It's kind of funny I sent it off the day she came to visit me. Anyways, we made plans to meet on Saturday for a church service of hers and also for a sleepover in January!! Yay!!

SO, tomorrow I'm going to meet Liz and have lunch together. Then we're going to see the Nutcracker Ballet (front row tickets) at 2. I'm not a big ballet fan, but I'm actually really excited for this. Then we're probably going downtown to see the lights. It's supposed to rain/sleet, so I'm not really sure what's going to happen, but that's the plan anyways :)

Then Saturday late morning, I'm going to the sauna with Connie and Robert (coworkers) for some intense cold/head. I'm actually excited for the cold sauna room. It'll feel more like Christmas time!! Maybe they have a massage place too. That's what I'm crossing my fingers for...

Anyways, Merry Christmas Eve!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas from everyone at Aunt Nan's house!

    ReplyDelete