February 2, 2010

Conversations

I got to talk with so many people today!! I love talking ^^

I was pretty alone until I heard some talking in the end of the hallway. So I went down to check things out, and it was my friends from the administration office!! A couple of the guys had come over to get coffee from the vending machine and were just hanging out. Nice! So we talked for a long time and they came over to my office to draw on the board to get across their thoughts in English. Cute. They ended up having to leave early, but wanted to know if I was free to talk again tomorrow. Of course! I don't do anything during my days anyways besides try to think up curriculum for an unknown English level...so basically since that's impossible, I do a lot of thinking, reading, and goofing around on the computer.

After the guys left, a students popped in. He was never my student, but I know he was pretty close to Brian before he left. So I was never quite sure how to address him or get to know him, but this is as good of a time as any. So we ended up talking for about an hour about our values as Christians, life at KBU, hobbies, and language. It was amazing, and since he lived in America for 12 years, his English is about perfect. We exchanged numbers, and tonight at home I got a really surprising phone call...

Chris (the student) called me tonight asking if I wanted to take up taekwando lessons with him!! He's going for his 3rd black belt...and I'd be starting from scratch, but he said that he needs to brush up on his skills since he hasn't had lessons in a long time. Wow!! And the lesson place is really close and giving us a discount for being 2 people. Again, wow!! I can't believe that Chris would be willing to take lessons with me and help me learn in English!! I hope that we can become friends through this. Since I hurt my knees pretty badly, I'm just going to introduce myself to the instructors tonight, and take another week off (from going to Thailand) and then jump in with Chris in 2 weeks. Yay!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous of you! Enjoy your taekwando class! Hope your knees will get better soon!

    ReplyDelete