June 16, 2010

Seafood

(Picture from the internet, but this is exactly what it looked like)

Today I was invited by a professor out to lunch. We drove for a ways, and ended up at a Korean-Japanese fusion restaurant. They picked the set menu, that turned out to be a 5 course meal. It was fun talking...until the food arrived...(cue the scary music)...

The first course was octopus and squid along with another few food items I don't know what were. But, the food was REALLY expensive, so I had to be grateful and at least appear to enjoy the meal! A few squid and octopus legs later came course number 2.

This was (pronounced hwae), a Korean version of the Japanese sashimi--similar to sushi. Someone basically takes a fish, slices it up, and puts it on top of dried radish noodles. Sounds appetizing, huh? ^^ Course 3 was just another variety of hoe.

Course 4 was deep fried sea animals.

Course 5 was...fish soup!

I can honestly say that if you put all the seafood I've eaten in my life onto a scale of quantity, today's meal would by far win. By far. And you know what? It wasn't the end of the world. I've proven to myself that I can eat fish (raw or cooked) and other seafoods without being sick. It was a little hard to swallow, but I did it with a smile on my face. I only hope I never have to do that again.

2 comments:

  1. I honestly can't hardly imagine you eating this type of food-it's just amazing how brave you've gotten while your there. And I give you a lot of credit, cause I'm sure I couldn't have done that.
    Loved the beautiful pictures & your flower's are so pretty too, you must have some of grandma Lucia's blood in you too...keep up the good work & I love hearing from you. Love You, grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,Amy,you will love it as long as you keep trying! Haha~

    ReplyDelete