June 16, 2010

Soccer Game #1

Last Saturday was the first Korean soccer game in the World Cup, and it's been pumped up here!! Everyone's so excited and energized by the media as well as by commercials and word of mouth. I was privileged to spend the first game with my friend Grace. She invited her other 3 friends, so it made for a nice group party.

We met at her house, went shopping for food, and cooked and talked while waiting 2 hours for the game to start. We made chicken/potato/kimchi stir-fry, kimchi/tuna fried rice, kimchi pancakes, and what else could we need but more kimchi ^^ I LOVE kimchi!!!

Whenever Korea made a score or had a good play, people all around would yell out their windows: "Dae-han-minguk" to which people would echo: clap, clap - clap, clap - clap. It is amazing how so many people can be united together through a simple soccer game.

It was a good time meeting and getting to know new people. I really enjoyed that. It was a good chance for me, and I'll never forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment