August 18, 2009

Getting Settled

Well, today marked the first full day of being in Nowon, South Korea. First off, I'd like to say THANK YOU for all of the comments! It was so encouraging to read them and know that there are people out there reading some of these :)

My apartment is really nice. A little smaller than my last one, but the last one was huge! So this is really great. I'm enjoying trying to make it feel like my own home. Holly, one of the first things I did once I got here was hang up the picture of us that you gave me...

I had things strewn all over the room after unpacking, and decided I needed to shop so I could hang the things up and sort through them. So I did all my shopping for the morning and came back to the apartment which was locked--and the battery was dead! So I couldn't get in...I went to the University to meet my friend, Ian, and we hung out there for a while. He introduced me to the President of KBU (where I will work) and to others who work there. One really interesting thing about the President is that his son is 1 of the 5 main actors on "The Mentalist"!! I didn't meet any of the other English teachers yet, but I think we'll meet on Friday.

Once we got back to the apartment, they fixed the lock and came inside to fix a few other things. I felt bad though because my room was a disaster :) Oh well. Nothing to hide now. After they left, I went shopping for the rest of my stuff, and eventually got back to put all the clothes away. It looks better now, but still not quite how I want it to look. Hmm...I'll have to go get a rug or something to throw on the wood floor so it feels more home-like.

Oh, if you think of it, would you pray for me? One of my biggest fears is: needles...And I am getting my blood drawn for a heath check tomorrow!! But I know that it's for the best. Once I get the results back, I can apply for an Alien Registration Card which is like a National I.D. (or International I.D.). Then...I can get internet, a cell phone, and other useful things :)

2 comments:

  1. I'll pray for you, Amy. Don't be afraid. He is taking care of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad things are going well for you so far.

    ReplyDelete