August 6, 2009

Philippians 4:19

Philippians 4:19 "And my God will take care of all your needs according to His glorious riches in Jesus Christ."

I know that God wants me to take this teaching position in Korea, but God has still tested my trust in His sovereign control of all my needs. I need to have patience and trust that He will work things out in his time. The actual situation is this...

In Korea I will be teaching Sunday School in English--but at a Korean church. I am very much excited about this opportunity, but am also a bit nervous about not being able to attend my own church in Seoul. SIBC (my English church) finishes their service at 12noon, which is the same time that I would finish at the Korean church. And SIBC only has one worship service...This service and also a men/women's bible study mid-week.

So I've been praying over this situation, and have been trusting that if this is really where God wants me to be, then things will work themselves out. Well, this afternoon at Caribou, I had some free time on the internet, and was checking to see what book the women's bible study was reading. While looking at their new and improved website, I came across some information that made tears come to my eyes. They have added a service at 3pm Sunday afternoon and another on Saturday nights at 7!!

What a good God we serve. He leads us where we should be, but does not forget about what our needs are. Finding this out has been the biggest blessing from God that I have received through this whole experience. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord! Isn't it so awesome that we serve a God who knows our needs and actually cares about us? We tell ourselves He will supply, but how many times do we really believe it and then are shocked when He does? I am so happy for you. You are probably just getting settled right now. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete