March 6, 2010

Chocolate Bae

So, I found out an interesting few things recently about Korean language...

1) When you are talking about the "Top 5" things, you say, "5 Fingers" if translating literally from the Korean. Supposedly...That's what a student told me today anyways...

2) This one is real. When Koreans touch your stomach (which they often do if you're a guy, so no one does that to me, thankfully) and say "Chocolate Bae ("stomach" in Korean)", they do not mean that your stomach is full of chocolate. They do not mean that your stomach feels flabby because you've eaten lots of chocolate. Chocolate Bae means your stomach looks like a Hershey's chocolate bar because of the lines. So, in essence, it means that you have a 6-pack and are rock solid. Where else in the world would calling someone a "chocolate stomach" be a compliment??!! I love Korea...

2 comments:

  1. Hey...maybe they'd call me a "Baby Ruth bar Stomach" then!

    ReplyDelete