March 2, 2010

Long Weekend

This weekend was busy but fun :) Saturday I got to meet some of my old students and the new freshmens' parents. All the teachers were introduced up front, and then afterwards got to have dinner together. I had to leave a bit early, but during the time together, I had one student give a speech in English about his trip to Washington DC this last month and another student sing a duet with her sister in English. I was so proud of them both!! They were the only two who spoke in English the whole night!

After that, I had dinner with a friend and their parents, so that was a fun experience. We went to a Korean buffet, and it was soooo delicious! I love Korean food!!

Sunday was church and then Liz and I went out for lunch. It's so nice having someone to talk to and hang out with. God's blessed me with a great friend. Sunday night I met WanSeok, my Korean friend from 2 years ago, and a couple of his buddies. We went to a restaurant called Brazilia. It had nothing to do with Brazil, but they serve all you can eat steak and salad! And the price wasn't bad! We each had 5+ steaks...so it was well worth it. And the best steak I've had in my entire life!!

Monday was a holiday, so I met Liz downtown, and we spent the day together. We figured out that it's Liz's 1/2 birthday today, so we decided to go big and celebrate by going to Bennigans. I had this sandwich (with turkey in it!!!!! 1st time ever in Korea) that was deep fried and then had powdered sugar on top and jelly to dip it in. It sounds disgusting, but it was pretty good! Liz can vouch for me :) Even though it was raining, we had a fun time shopping and then going back to her place to make chocolate covered strawberries and potato chips. When we went out later that night for pizza, it was snowing! This weekend couldn't have been better ^^ Lots and lots and lots of American food though. I'm ready for Korean this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment