September 23, 2009

Better

Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts. I'm feeling much better now after a weekend of much needed rest. I think that sometimes too much stress can be not good for our bodies...If you think of it, please pray for my students. Many of them are having difficult life circumstances that need a lot of prayer.

I can't believe that I've been in Korea for over a month already. It feels like it's only been a few weeks!! I'm surprised that there haven't been too many instances of "culture shock", but I'm happy for the peace and enjoyment God has given me so far. I have joy knowing that this is where God wants me to be.

I look out my window today and see the sun shining through the bright green tree leaves. The air is cool but refreshing. I love being able to wear a sweater and be comfortable while enjoying the weather. This morning, I was able to watch a soccer game outside the window and smile at the laughs of the children walking by. There must be a special activity going on today, because all of the children are wearing traditional Korean outfits (brightly colored flowing dresses with big bows down the front and headbands of red and blue).

I haven't been able to take pictures lately, but hopefully I'll get that going again soon and post a few pics of campus and other things around the area. Ah, something interesting happening in Korea now is "yellow dust". It's basically sand from China blowing over and hovering in the air around Seoul. My location doesn't have much at all, but lots of people have started wearing masks. What I found really interesting is that Australia is having a "red dust" storm right now!! It's the first in their history, but it's making everything in the air look red. Very interesting. Yellow dust is nothing in comparison with this...Check it out!!

1 comment:

  1. Amy,good to know that you are much better! Just like you, I cannot believe that I have worked here for 3 months! Time flies so we have to enjoy every minute! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete