September 7, 2009

Sunday/Monday

God is good!!! I need to make sure to remember these happy times when the hard times come. Let me start from the beginning.

The 3 of us teachers taught Sunday School to kids at KBU. It was a little fun, a little not. But no matter what, kids are cute!! I really enjoyed having a few of them rest on my arm and give me big smiles. It's an encouragement to see joyful kids! Then we headed to Jubilee Church (where I went last week) where they had a sermon on the Passover as well as communion. It was a different communion than I'd ever had before. Everyone was dismissed by rows to go to the front and grab a piece of bread and dip it in the cup while the servers spoke reminding us why we were there. It was a good reminder of how God loved us so much that He sent His son. Some might wonder why a Father would let His son die. Wouldn't a Father try to take the place of His son?? But that's how much God loved us. He loved us more than His own son's life, and calls us to share in His blessings. And so often we, myself included, sin time and again without remorse. Yet He still loves us. And I should show my love in return.

After church, I went to meet my old friend Wanseok!! I was a little nervous that I'd get lost with directions that said to get off the subway, go right, go straight for 7 minutes, and then stop at the intersection...But I got there! Thankfully Wanseok was standing by the window so I noticed him before noticing the store! We went for dinner together and I was so " " by our getting together. I say " " because I can't describe how I feel. I am so thankful for a friend like him. It was cute, he called his mom and had me on video phone so she could see! He said they'd like to have me over again for dinner sometime. I suggested hiking together since we all enjoy that :) We'll see...I think we're getting together next week for dinner again, so I'm really looking forward to that!!

Today (Monday) we took almost 5 hours off work to go to Immigration to get a registration card in order to live here...Ahh!! What a hastle. 10 more days and we'll be able to get a bank account, internet, and a phone though...10 more days...

2 comments:

  1. Amy, so we can talk in 10 days? I am excited about that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josie :) Yes, I hope we can talk in 10 days!! I'll send you an email once I get internet.

    ReplyDelete