September 30, 2009

WanSeok / The Flu

Last night, WanSeok and I got together!! I'm so happy to be friends with such a great guy!! We met at the subway right before a huge downpour. On our walk to the restaurant, it started raining so much that we had to duck into a store. That store happened to be a place where you can get pictures taken. It was fun to do that and have pictures to remember our time together. We ended up getting umbrellas to finish the walk, and he surprised me by taking me to a really neat Iranian curry restaurant in a little, tiny alley. The alley opened up and the inside of the place had an amazing atmosphere. The curry was super hot, but we still enjoyed our time talking and catching up.

After dinner we walked around a nearby park where we heard some live performers. We decided to check it out, and as we got closer, I recognized the singing. It was a Christian song! He recognized it too, and wanted to sit down to listen to the music. I was so happy that we could do that together! He's not a Christian, but he knew the words to some of the songs, so was able to translate some of the Korean songs I didn't know. It was a great end to the night!!

At KBU, there are 3-4 students who have the swine flu. Everyone is intensely afraid of getting the flu, so everywhere I turn people are sanitizing things and using hand cleaner. I guess that's probably a good thing. They shut the school down for 2 hours this afternoon to sanitize with a fogger. It looked and smelled just like the stuff for fogging a field to get rid of mosquitos. We had to teach right after that, and it was like talking/teaching in a cloud. I can't imagine that that is super healthy either...Hmm...

On the way home, I was thinking (usually not a super great thing to do when alone) about Korea. My emotions are usually pretty stable. Not too much of a swing up and down, but since I've gotten here, I can't seem to control it. I have super great days and then not so great days, up and down, back and forth. I hope things stabilize soon. Then I got run over by a bicycler...I'd better pay more attention to where I'm walking than think about things while walking :)

1 comment:

  1. Ooh...I'll have to remember not to think and walk at the same time. :) I hope that soon you'll have way more great days than down days!

    ReplyDelete