April 17, 2010

Children's Center Hike

Today was a hiking day together with 7 others. It was Ian, and 6 women from the children church I'm teaching and the children center. One of my best friends from the church/center is Joy! She's in some of the pics. Her English isn't super great, but her pronunciation is stellar!! So no problem understanding her mind :)

We planned to hike Bukhansan, which is a huge mountain. But by the time we got up the first big hill and sat down, we decided it was lunch time. So we had an apple snack, talked about animals, and headed back down. Haha! We never left the pavement!! Oh well. It was still a fun time.

I had a kidney stone Monday this week, and I had thought I was "back to normal", but after doing taekwando and teaching this week, I was not doing good. So doing a short hike and just enjoying the company was a real blessing to me.
Mongryeon (Magnolia)
Ian and 3 other teachers--one's hiding
Joy, Children's center teacher, Megan (Eun Kyeung)
Joy and I!!
Bangeul is "Bell"

So(l?) is "Pine Tree"

Pine cone is "So(l?) banguel". Isn't that cute? Literally "pine bell".

3 comments:

  1. Nice seeing you & your friends enjoying nature.
    You all look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your picture in the small mirror :)

    ReplyDelete