April 10, 2010

Techno Mart

So after the wedding today, I headed to Techno Mart. The grand-daddy of all technology shops. And a place to have fun talking down prices with store clerks. It's HUGE!! 12 floors of nothing but technology. I asked where the camera section was, and I was told to go to floors 2, 3, 4, and 5! And it was true, there were cameras on each floor filling at least 1/2 of each of those floors.

I had gone with a list prepared of cameras I wanted to check out, and ended up getting one that wasn't on my list. Maybe that was a bad idea, I don't know. But I guess I'll have to wait and see. Each of the store vendors I talked to had individually recommended this particular Olympus for indoor pictures (that's what I mostly wanted a new compact camera for). The one they recommended was the Olympus fe 5020, and after trying at least 20 different cameras out in quite a few different stalls, including the cameras on my list, this one caught my attention most. Since I hadn't done research on this camera, I ended up paying a little more than I'd pay online for it, but adding in the shipping, it would probably have come out about equal. Plus, I got a carrying case, all the package "stuff", and an extra battery. Mostly though, I'm just happy to have a new camera that I can feel good taking casual pictures with!

I've been toying around with it all afternoon, and hopefully will get a few shots of it to put up later.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see those nice pictures with your new camera. Happy Birthday to YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete