April 1, 2010

Sausage

At the Children's Center each week, I've been enjoying getting to know the new little kids. The 6 year olds moved on to bigger and better things, and so we have new 4 year olds and everyone got bumped up a level. So my old 4 year olds are the big kids now and think they own the place. It's funny how each of them have such distinct personalities.

I was talking with one of the girls who works at the center with me about the kids, and they each have little funny things about them. There's the boy who looks like he's going to cry all the time. There's the boy who is tiny and all the girls treat like one of their dolls. There's a girl who talks like she's been smoking for years (poor little girl). There's the boy who 90% of the time has a runny nose.

Actually, kind of interesting...if you always have a runny nose, that means that you will be intelligent and wise when you get older. Also, if you're pregnant and dream of a tiger or dragon, you will have a baby boy. If you dream of fruit or a rabbit, you will have a girl.

Ok, on to the point of this story.

So I went into class today and asked the students my name. "What is my name?" One little boy speaks up and yells, "Sausageee!!!" in a very Korean accent. Apparently my new name is Sausage :)

No comments:

Post a Comment