April 16, 2010

Games

So this afternoon in class I was playing a game with my students. I tell them a category, and they list off all the things they can think of inside that category.

The category was: things you put in tea. The first thing they said was "Water!!" No, that wasn't on the pre-determined list. Next, they waited for a long time thinking, ... "Oh! I know! Butter!!!"

The funny thing was that he was serious :)

The next category was: what women put on their face. "Skin!!" Hahaha...


Last night I was teaching an adults class, and they were describing the emotions of different cartoon mice in some pictures. One mouse was a girl, wearing a pretty dress, and putting lipstick on (bright red). To be honest, I have no idea what the real emotion of that mouse was supposed to portray, but was just going with the lesson. The students said, "Scary!" After asking why, I found out that in Korean legend, if a woman has bright red lips, that means she was eating mice. Funny that our cartoon person was a mouse wearing red lipstick. And funny they instantly thought a "cute" mouse was scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment