April 16, 2010

Galbi

Today was my birthday celebration day (even though it's not for another week or so), so Ian and another guy in the office took me to a really fancy galbi restaurant! Yumm!! Galbi is one of the best parts of an animal (it's somewhere in the rib area...not sure) and it's one of my favorite foods in Korea. One of them :) I love almost EVERY Korean food!!

This restaurant I've seen many, many times but looks too fancy and expensive to go to. So what a lucky girl I am to be taken here for a birthday lunch!! The food was delicious, and the tables were really neat. They look like the typical short tables where you sit on the floor. At first, I was really disappointed that I had to sit on the floor to eat because it's so uncomfortable. BUT, the table had a hole cut out under it so you could hang your feet like a normal chair! It was so great!! It looks neat becuase it's a short table, and it functions well for Korean people, but it's convenient for sitting. If I ever get to design my own house someday, I'm going to make one of these special places to sit.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, celebrating your birthday already. Sounds like a fun place to eat & glad you got to relax & enjoy time with friends too. Grandma

    ReplyDelete