May 5, 2010

Happy Birthday - Satur NIGHT

Saturday night, the 24th, I went out with some girls I'm friends with from the Children Center. It was so fun! We had a really good dinner of spicy pork stir fried with cabbage and beansprouts...yum!!! Then we went to a special cafe to decorate a cake that was made a few minutes earlier. It's so hard to find good cakes in Korea, and this one was DELICIOUS!! Plus, decorating it ourselves was really fun! I definitely didn't appreciate baking in the States, but being without an oven has changed me :) I can't wait to get home and bake things! After the cake cafe, we went to a Popbingsu Cafe where we had strawberry bingsu (ice shavings with strawberries). We met one of my previous students there, and had a fun night talking and eating, eating, eating!
A man making and frosting our cake before we decorate it
Decorating together
Yepbuda!! (Beautiful)
Eating the cake at a Korean-style ice cream cafe
Our Korean "ice-cream" (popbingsu)

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading all your recent blogs & fun to see the video's too. Keep up the good work & know that your in my daily prayer's.
    Love You & Miss You, Grandma

    ReplyDelete