May 25, 2010

Blessings

Today I count my blessings.

I'm thankful for the wonderful people God has put in my life. Especially right here and now in Korea. It's impossible to describe the difficulty of some situations in life while living in a foreign country. But every time I've had a problem, God has provided someone to help.

These last few weeks have been really rough with my neck problems. I pulled a muscle (I think) 2 weeks ago, and it's been so painful! The only thing is that finding a doctor who speaks/understands English and is able to fix this sort of problem is difficult. I've asked multiple people for help, but haven't been able to get much relief. A coworker talked to another professor who talked to another professor who knew of an American-style chiropractor in the area. Korean doctors are very specialized, and they are scattered everywhere. Finding a doctor isn't hard; finding a doctor to help in your specific problem is difficult. Plus, Korean chiropractors simply provide hot packs and place electrical currents contracting your muscles. Very differnet from American chiropractors. I hope the appointment helps!!

I'm blessed by others daily. Students coming to me with girlfriend/boyfriend problems is a blessing! They trust me. Students asking me for prayer is a blessing! They know I love them. Students apologizing for late homework is a blessing! They respect me through their honesty. Whether the situation in and of itself is good or bad, the result is a blessing to my life.

A professor came to tell me that he will try to provide a solution for my "Sunday problem". I'm blessed by the friendships developed with other professors. Juny is leaving his ESWP job, and I realize now how blessed I am to have him as a friend. Whenever I wanted to talk or was bored or excited, Juny was only a few steps away. I'll miss him, but I hope that we can stay friends even though we're not together every day. I hope it wasn't a friendship of convenience; it definitely wasn't on my part!! We'll see ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment